Friday, November 19, 2010

911

So, I continue to grow and explore my world. I've met most of my close family with those I haven't met making appearances shortly for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I eat. I cry. And I sleep. My head is still quite heavy but I'm trying to take control of my melon. My hair is still dark and my eyes are still blue. I've already regained and added to my birth weight. Everything was going just perfect until Friday November 12th.

There was nothing real special about the day, but I'd been giving Dada and Mama a bit of a hard time with all me fussin'. I hadn't been sleeping well, naps, nothing, and I was wearing Dada out. After two days like this (Wednesday and Thursday) and with Friday now looking like the worst of the three, Mama and Dada decide to try some Gripe water to see if that would help settle my tummy.

In between cries, Mama administered the water, little by little, until the last little bit went in. I cried, swallowed, and immediately started choking.

Breaths came in short, really short ships of air.

My face got red. I couldn't cry, scream, nothing.

Through wide eyes, I stared up at my Dada. I could hear Mama crying in the background, pleading with Dada to do something.

Suddenly, I was facing down and getting solid smacks on the back. I took a couple quick gulps of air, but still struggled to breathe normally so Dada gave to order. Call 911.

Sirens rocked to night seconds later in our neighborhood as emergency personnel raced to our house. Dada put me on the couch, rolling me onto to my side as Mama talked with the 911 Dispatcher. After a couple more solid smacks on the back, I spit up and started to take some good breaths just as Antioch Police Officers arrived at the house.

AMR and Station 88 firefighters were right on APD's heels.

By the time the whole team was there, Dada had me breathing normally again and after a quick check by the firefighter/paramedic, we got the all clear. Dada knew one of the firefighters and he called to check on us in the morning. I was doing good.

We've made some adjustments to my feeding which seems to have helped a lot, but November 12th was one scary night. Thanks APD, AMR, and CFD for being johnny-on-the-spot when we called, and to my Dada for keeping his cool in a really not cool moment.

Anyone wants baby pics?




Well, the holidays are fast approaching and my Aunt Dani and Uncle Ben just got here for a visit, so I'll chat you up and get more pics up again soon.

Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment